Friday, July 18, 2008

must have been the crab cocktail, or maybe the pollution cocktail.....

These past few days have been wonderful. Being back in Fairfield for a night was great, and I am so bummed that I couldn't spend more time there. Its making me want to come back again before the winter so I can really spend some time with friends and family. I'm going to let the pictures I post in an upcoming blog showcase my trip to the Met and Connecticut- but as for now, I am about two seconds away from a long nap.

Yep. It was commented on in my last blog, and it happened again- food poisoning from a fine fine restaurant. No salad this time, no....was it the tiramisu? the gnocchi with vodka cream sauce? the crab cocktail? Maybe it was a combination of that and all of the wine, a day in the city, the train, the walking, the stress, drive home. All I know is that I slept in the bathroom last night for two hours after dying in my bedroom of a headache. I couldn't even make it back to my room for those two hours. I rolled up a towel and slept on the floor "just in case". Whether I had food poisoning or not, getting dehydrated really takes a lot out of you (um, literally?). I'm going to go have a popsicle and try to find some Anthony Bourdain shows on the Travel Channel.

1 comment:

NicoleC said...

I just read all your blogs. I love the way you write, you should write a whole book! Your imagination is awesome and your adventures are too. I can't wait to see you when you get back. I miss you. Can't wait for our Yoga session too. OOOO, I got the Wii fit board, haven't been able to play it yet, since I am waiting for Dom to hook it up to the other TV. You will have to come over and play with me.
PS - I hope you are feeling better today and that the "poison" is all gone.
PSS - Were you able to talk to your aunt about getting her set up with her Monavie yet?