Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cowboys and Indians

Today, I went horseback riding with my mom and her boyfriend, Cy. Later, my mom, sis, and I went to a pow wow.


This is Cash, from behind.




This is me, riding Cash. My mom let go for just enough time to take some pictures .




This is Cy's horse, Tempo-
I look like I'm in heaven, but I think I just got sprayed with ice cold water and slobbered on. Yup, I had to do a lot of dirty work today...but at least I didn't shovel poop. I think the apple slobber was enough- I love these guys, though- so it was ok.



After a morning of horsies, we went to a pow wow. Now- in the words of Cy, "I want you to understand something here" (said in a new yawk accent). I spent the first, oh, 7ish years of my life in Eastern Washington state, while my dad worked with Indian reservations. Being WA, we also had cowboys. The rodeos we went to were real rodeos, and the pow wows we went to were REAL pow wows.

This event was kind of a NJ cultural awareness day, and that = touristy. I was used to real real pow wows. I have a hard time with touristy stuff, but there's two things I don't have a hard time with: fry bread and grilled corn! Today, we just had the fry bread.

I also got some beautiful greeting cards! First three people to respond get a card- quick! Ok, anyway, I think I am going back to the stables tomorrow morning, and maybe to the pool and gym after. Definitely more pictures to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Pow Wow! WOW!! You sure do have some great adventures, young lady
:-)

Anonymous said...

holy moly you got some frikkin amazing pictures here! Ha you're so cute with the horse! Nice pic of your Mom and Esther, too! :D

Anonymous said...

Jen! I didn't know you were heading east--you probably told me & I forgot, like with so much else.

I vote for a daily or weekly poem.

Call me when you get back & we'll try biking the Santa Ana Trail. I'm gone from mid-August on.

I've taken the girls for yogurt TWICE at our local place, nubi. (substituted for lunch each time!)