Monday, July 7, 2008

everything I knew about my qi was wrong

I survived the acupuncture. I had needles in my toe, feet, legs, stomach, hands, arms, and ears. I am not going to lie- I could feel them, but it wasn't bad at all. I think I came out ten times better than I went in, actually, and everything I knew about my qi (or chi) was wrong. Well, maybe not my qi, but definitely my health!

I seem to have digestive problems, which also go hand in hand with sinus problems. I already knew that by eating certain foods, my sinus issues would be worse, but I had always believed that I needed the same high fiber/high veg diet that every other dieter needed. I found out that I should stay away from foods that make the digestive system work hard, like whole grain rice and wild rice mixes. Also, I need to eat my veggies cooked, and eat more warm foods. I have to start making ginger tea, and drink more clear broth soups. If I eat fruit, I need to keep it out of the fridge and let it get to room temp. White rice is ok, and lean meats are ok too. I love hearing the thing about dairy- that nobody past the age of 6months is supposed to have it! I try to tell people this, but I get the same responses "NO, thats wrong! We need milk for our bones and for calcium!" Well, we can get all of that stuff from eating other things. I am cutting back on my frozen yogurt and frozen fruits, and leaning toward a nice, easily digestable diet. Along with consistant accupuncture and a good diet, I'm on a good path to finally shrink my belly fat.

No comments: