Thursday, July 10, 2008

Love Language

I took a test that reconfirmed my love language- words of affirmation. Second to that, I have a desire for acts of service. I think working in a restaurant made me value acts of service. "Yes! can you get me an iced tea refill for table 105?!" So now, I am not afraid to ask if I need help- or, better, accept help. But...words of affirmation is and always has been my first love language. I don't know what it is, but that verbal or written validation does a lot for me! Maybe its because I am a writer, or grew up getting little notes in my lunch box.

My point- I got 3 blog comments, and I know two of the people who commented had to sign up just so they could comment apology language?

Anyway- tonight I am going on an adventure. I made a beef stew (with carrots, celery, and potatoes) after my glorious nap, and after its done simmering (whenever that is? is it going to tell me?) I am heading out...West...probably. There's an amazing restaurant called Buddha's Belly in Santa Monica that has delish Asian food from all over Asia. To top it off, they have a fondue dessert- which Faisal and I were way too full to get last time. And even though its not on my digestive diet, I might cheat a little. again. :) Aside from small group, I have rocked this diet. So, we'll see. I'll post pics if I do go there!


Oh, and I got absolutely nothing accomplished today. There's always Friday!

1 comment:

Angie Funches said...

That is great that you know your love language! It helps when you share that with your fam and friends so they know how to speak love to you so you understand it. That was one of Mark and I's probs until the councelor told us this!! Now we are getting better at it. Oh! Remember in my appartment when I had the same probelm with the dishwasher? UUUHHH It stunk so bad. The problem ended up being with the plumbing in the apartment that I shared the kitchen wall with! Have fun and keep blogging, your doing great and I am enjoying reading your thoughts and happenings! Love ya