Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Digestive Friendly

I cooked chicken for the first time yesterday. I know! Me? The amazing chef that I am, never had I cooked a chicken? Well, I still haven't made my way up to a whole chicken, though I plan on cooking my own bird by next Thanksgiving. I needed more "digestive friendly recipes", so I bought carrots, celery, and chicken breast meat- tender size. I sauteed the chicken with garlic, thyme, basil, and some other stuff- in a little olive oil- along with some chopped carrots and celery. After about five minutes and flipping my chicken over, I added two cups of water and a little bouillon. for extra flavor. I covered this and let it simmer for 15 minutes...and voila! Quicky chicken and veggie soup. I made it again today for lunch, this time with enough for left overs. Its pretty yum!

No comments: