Friday, July 11, 2008

like two kids

Faisal and I had a great Thursday and Friday, before my trip tomorrow morning. Yesterday, we ended up at Santa Monica and my favorite little restaurant "Buddha's Belly" We shared the ahi burger with sweet potato fries, two spring rolls, and dark chocolate fondue. mmm....





After, we went for a walk on the pier. I think Pacific Park is kind of gross (well, just really old and not kept up well) BUT I got us some tickets for the roller coaster and ferris wheel. After, we we went to check out some stuff on the pier and I was able to buy some roasted corn!



My friend Tresa works for Segway in Santa Monica, so we tried to stop by and take some for a ride. Instead, it was her day off- so we headed over to find her in Marina Del Ray at a symphony with her boyfriend. We all found a picnic table on the harbor and had some wine and cheese, and some good catch up time. It was so nice to do something different!


Today, I got my hair trimmed, nails and toes done, and eyebrows done. After, I had lunch with Debbie, and some quality time with my friend Kim and her twins. I picked up Faisal again and we took a trip to the mall. It wasn't my intention to spend a few hours there, but I searched far and wide for a new bag. I am too picky, so we left with nothing. BUT, while we were there, we managed to have some marscapone gelato and a sample from Sees AKA my favorite place ever. I know, not part of my diet, but my dinner tonight is making up for it. Actually, I did really well diet wise today- and got compliments (which helps me want to stick to it!) Today and yesterday made me feel like a kid, just being able to enjoy my time wandering around and spending my time and money on purely "fun" things.

I leave for the East coast tomorrow- so I promise I'll put some updates and pictures up for you while I am wandering around out there :)

4 comments:

Angie Funches said...

Wow! That all sounds like so much fun. I am glad to see that you and Face are still hanging out! Good luck with your diet. I am also trying to loose some weight. So far I have lost 1.5 pounds. I am sweating so much here I should be able to loose it faster than there! Keep up posted on your trip with pics!

Anonymous said...

wow love hearing you are having fun, it sounds yummy and exciting, being a kid at heart is great. realy treasure those moments as adults they are far few between. Face is a great friend.

Anonymous said...

the love language and apology site was interesting thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

What do you have against cilantro?