Friday, January 1, 2010

year in review

Here's a little year in review...some numbers are missing.

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? God sent me to Guam.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? God sent me to Guam.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Ending up in Guam, seriously, and the way my friendships flourished before I left- the ways they revealed themselves to me when I got out here, and all of the blessings I received.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? goodness...honestly, this island.
5. Pick three words to describe 2009. What. just. happened.
8. What were the best books you read this year? The New Testament, Ecclesiastes, The Shack, and some old books I had been holding onto.
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? Wow, all of them- if we are in touch or we are family, this has been an incredible year for us.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Trusting in God and being obedient- learning how to stay quiet a little more often.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I learned to let go.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? I realized what being filled with God's love means for my relationship with others.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? I lost weight and got in better shape- accomplished some hard climbs and yoga poses that I had been working on.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? I learned how to listen and that I can't please everyone.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? the internet
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? i'm not really sure- I tried to stay in touch with people.
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? That no matter what, God's in control. He has our best interests at heart and a perfect plan for us.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you. 2009 was a life change.

1 comment:

Nicole B. said...

We had the same #11 and #17! :)