Saturday, November 7, 2009

a roach is a roach....






A roach crawled up the drain in our bathroom some time between this morning and last night. This is the first one I've really had to "deal with." (The first time I ever had to deal with one, I blogged about it here) I was trying to be passive aggressive about it and not clean it up, since my roommates don't seem to be as grossed out as I am, but after a long day out, when I got home it was still there. I showed Laura, and she made me clean it up as she took pictures. I tried to fight having to clean it up, but as she said, I am in Guam and I need to learn how to deal with these things. So, anyway, one would think that if a bug was laying on its back for an entire day, it would be a dead bug, right? Well, not a roach. It started to move its legs around all crazy-like, so I had to find bug spray. I think I knocked it out enough to bag it. This was the grossest thing I've done in a while- but like I say, "do one thing a day that challenges you or scares you." I need to change my motto- but it won't matter here in the islands. These bugs and I, well, we share the same space.

5 comments:

Sara B. said...

Scary!!!! Remember when you and I saw that spider in my apartment. We tried to spray it, but it just would not die!!! So, we woke up Ryan and he killed it for us. Remember how the can of spider and roach killer said, "Continues to kill for up to 2 months"??? We both laughed about that... Well, the next morning, I came out to the couch, and there was a dead roach next to the couch!!! LOL I can't remember if I told you about that or not!! I miss you!!!

Esther said...

My goodness, another roach? How do they keep finding you?

Nettie said...

Bugs love you akways have , you must smell sweet, or taste sweet, anyway you are sweet,, Yuk but you did it, Yaaaa.

Nicole B. said...

I will NEVER understand why God created roaches...one of the questions I will ask him someday. :)

Angie Funches said...

Dip it in chocolate and eat it!