Saturday, November 7, 2009

Inarajan Pools







Some of the girls from PIU; Grace, Ceci, Molly, Jaynee, and I went to Inarajan pools for a late afternoon outing. We started off by swinging off of the rope swing and jumping off of a tower into the natural salt water pool, or as my roommate affectionately calls it, the mud hole. Ok, there's a little mud and moss, but it's not bad. I don't like to touch the ground but if you jump into the middle, it's all good.



After we all had a few jumps, the girls swam into a tunnel while I went over it. The current was pushing the water through pretty fast but they hung on while I took pictures.


Like moss in the water, I'm not a fan of small spaces, but they didn't seem to mind.





I had no idea how adventerous these girls were until I saw them all climb up on these random cement steps. They had to climb about six feet of rocks, grab onto some branches, and lift themselves up there. I was stoked to follow them up, where the views of the pools and ocean were amazing. I have a lot to learn here and catch up on, because I had to do all this in my slippers (sandals) while they were mostly barefoot.




After we all made it down from the steps, we swam over into the pool that has the ocean breaking into it. At first I couldn't swim into it because of the rip tide, but Ceci (left) helped me while Grace (right) and Molly climbed up on some other rocks in this pool, again...barefoot. When I was trying to swim out, another rip tide kept pulling me back in. Finally, a huge wave crashed into the pool and pushed us all out. That had to have been one of the funniest parts of our trip- imagine four girls being pushed out of a pool, screaming. (We were probably screaming. I know I was too busy trying to not get cut by all of the coral.)


From the outer pools, a few of us swam and climbed our way to where Jaynee was, sitting on top of a coral thing (thing? a coral hill thing...I don't know what it would be called) where we stayed as the sun was setting. It was such a peaceful end to our afternoon at the pools.
I love being able to hang out with the girls while doing fun things that the island has to offer. I think that just getting out in nature and being active is a great way to really get to know someone, while also enjoying all of the beautiful (not to mention free) resources that are gifted to us. I can't wait to experience more adventures like this. I know that I had a great time, and that we have some awesome, adventerous girls at PIU.







1 comment:

Nettie said...

These were great pics, it is so much fun for me to hear about your adventures, and see the lovely students and Island. I wonder how they would fare in a place like NYC? Or LA? You are doing amazing things, Enjoy each moment! xoxxoxoxo