Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This one's for you, Dad


I guess all of the rain stirred up the jungles yesterday, because crossing the street by my condo was a BIG LONG BROWN TREE SNAKE! Someone ran it over, because parts of it were squished, but I got my roommate Laura to come out with me to take pictures of it. I didn't think I'd end up in the picture.

The brown tree snake has been a topic of conversation in my group of friends and family back home for quite some time. Research on it led me to finding PIU last year, and I my Dad asks me if I've seen one every time I get a chance to talk to him. I am super excited about this little guy...I hope I get to see more!

1 comment:

Eric and Karyn Sorenson said...

Jen, if you go back to one of our earlier posts on our blog, you'll see a story about our experience with a living tree snake. Usually running the tree snake over does not kill them. Many times we have run back and forth over the tops of them in an effort to annihilate them and had no success. (Also, I responded to your comment about the trampoline below your comment. I don't know if you would know that if I didn't tell you. Can you tell me if it alerts you?)