Wednesday, October 1, 2008

finally writing!

I wrote nine pages tonight- that's nine pages toward about 20, or so, which, typed, should be back at about nine (ok maybe 13ish)- of my Thailand story. I am putting some twists on it, but overall- its looking pretty good. My friend Alison and I got together at a coffee shop and started our writing. After so long- my shoulder started to cramp and I started to write off the lines. The disadvantage of not doing it on my computer: I have to re-write (type) it. The advantages: an extra chance to do edits, and, unless I don't have to worry about the file crashing.


We were discussing time management, and my days are starting to become consumed with reading and writing. Wait, isn't this how I wanted it?

3 comments:

April said...

Cool - is this for something in particular?

Jen said...

Yes and no- a writer should be writing something, anything, every day- and because of my poor time management and lack of interest I have been slacking in that department :)

April said...

Gotcha! And I agree! (Not about the slacking... about the fact a writer should always be writing something.) :)