Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Shack




A good friend let me borrow this- and it was a spiritual battle to finish this book. Everything got in the way, but I finally sat down and got through it. I am so glad I did. Many people are giving harsh reviews, and I have no idea why. Here's one of my reader responses. I highly recommend this to everyone- especially those struggling to see God's love for them.

"This story is an amazing example of God's love for US, His children- those who are criticizing probably don't understand the love God has for them- Christian or not. This is not a book of Theology, and it CLEARLY states that each person has their own story with God- hence, there not being wrath and extreme judgment here. That may be someone else's story. The Shack is an amazing story of the love we feel so unworthy to receive and how God does not cause the harm in this world."

No comments: