Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June...ALREADY!

It's June 2, and minutes away from June 3, which has already gone by way too fast. May was the LONGEST MONTH EVER. School ended, the traveling team left, my expected break was interrupted, and people came and went. I was lonely, frustrated, weird, excited, confused, and all kinds of emotions. The end of the month, however, came with huge blessings. I'm so excited about what God's provided for me this summer. I am truly convinced that His plans are better than mine. If I had it my way, I'd be back in the states visiting at this time. If I had done that I would have missed out on so many amazing things.

This afternoon, I noticed that my friend's license plate had the numbers 6011 on it. 611 is my number. On good days, I look at the clock at 6:11. That's always unexpected, but when it happens, it catches my attention. After explaining this today, I checked the time later on at...yep...6:11. Today was a good day. 6/11 is also my birthday, which will put me half way to 52. Where have the last 26 years of my life gone? I have done more, experienced more, and seen more than a lot of people my age. I wouldn't trade the good or bad experiences for anything, and I look forward to the next 26 years. I think this is my half way point to the next set of amazing experiences in my life.

This year, on 6/11, I'll be on the more remote island of Weno, Chuuk, eating sashimi and...banana pancakes...and other things, most likely enjoying the view of our hotel, connecting with future students and current friends, and taking in the whole experience. I believe this will kick off the next great chapters of my life, and I couldn't be more excited.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol, wish I could be enjoying the Guam breeze on my face like those dogs! That's KNS Market in Mangilao :)