Sunday, June 20, 2010

(back)

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart Psalm 37:4

I'm back from my 12 day trip to Chuuk. I was in Chuuk seven days longer than any of us had planned, and I am so thankful. A lot can happen in 12 days that can change someone's life. For example, I was in Thailand for only 11 days. That changed my life. My desire to go back is the reason I ended up in Guam. God took that and used it for His purpose, and I'm so glad He did.

So, I'm back, and I have two things that are weighing on my heart. Teaching and giving the TOEFL test allowed me to stay and serve in a place similar to what I thought I was coming out to when I ended up in Guam. It's ok though because my year in at PIU in Guam really helped everything fall into place in Chuuk. I know God prepared me for that. So, to put it plainly, my first desire is to go back, or to serve in places like that.

God also showed me something else that's just between me and Him. I'm praying that He will lead me in His perfect timing (and in my humanly- does that word work?- desire, I hope that timing will be soon). Pray for patience for me and if you want, that this works out too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am still ever so jealous of your adventures!!