Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Skype is GREAT!

This is my Dad, representing Guam all the way from Auburn, Ca. Next to him is my step mom, Mary, who was the mastermind behind Skype on their computer. I love being able to chat with my family face to face even though I'm so far away. I miss them so much- especially at this time. I believe I took this picture a little while after I heard the news about my grandfather (my dad's dad). We were able to talk a little more and wound up on our favorite topic- food. It helps me go through difficult times when I can see my family's faces and gauge how they are dealing with difficult things, too. When they are positive and smiling, how can I not be? I am so thankful for technology and how it can be used to maintain and strengthen relationships even over long distances.

No comments: