Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saturday afternoon, all of the students on campus, plus Rob, Stephanie, and myself (and Luzzy) went to Shark's Hole. It's kind of a hike, it's kind of a stroll on the beach, and there really isn't a "hole" but a spot in the ocean that people like to swim to when the current isn't horrible, but, it is always an amazing walk. Here's a pic of Steph and myself as we were halfway through. I wear the same thing every time I go to that place...apparently (really, check my facebook pictures. If I am in that shirt, I am somewhere around Shark's Hole). The current was almost non existent and all of the girls swam out to the coral in the hole and had a great time checking it out while the guys stayed close to the beach. It was a really great day.

This morning, we paddled out past Shark's Hole, and en route saw many manta rays, a sea turtle, a rainbow (that we canoed under) and a small pod of dolphins. It was definitely worth getting up early. Actually, most things on Guam are worth getting up early for if you want to do them right- otherwise, without the grace of clouds and shade, we'd all bake. I am really thankful for the opportunities to experience Guam like this- it's such a beautiful island.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do I need to send you tank tops?

Nettie said...

That is amazing!,, you two look fit, and happy, must be a blessed shirt! Keep wearing it.