Thursday, April 29, 2010

Guam Wildlife


  I have seen one of these twice now, while snorkeling Gun Beach, probably about this size, too. How exciting, right? This guy is in captivity at Underwater World, but it was cool seeing them there, too. I can now add to my list of Guam animals a sea turtle, a shark, and another lion fish. Oh, and manta rays. These are exciting experiences for me. They remind me that I have an unexplored world right off the shore. Scuba certification is under $200 here, too! It's a few thousand in the states, I think. I'd be a fool not to do it, but when will I have the time? Summer break? We'll see.

1 comment:

About Ania.. said...

You should definately get scuba certified, especially since you live near such awesome diving! I've been terrible keeping up blogging - I first saw your comment on my last post today. Been REALLY busy - I've taken on another part-time job! It's doing bird research along the Santa Ana river. I now work seven days a week, but it's all to build my resume. Unfortunately, my supervisor couldn't secure funding for my current full-time job past October, and I've been turned down for every full-time job I've applied for in the last few months. I've also hurt my right knee pretty badly, so all the more reason to ensure I have a job with medical benefits come October. My knee should be fine by then (and the Rainier climb) but it made me realize I just do too many crazy outdoor stuff to not have medical insurance!! I will update as soon as I can - I'm still training (gently) for Rainier, and planning for fundraisers. Hope you're well!