Saturday, October 17, 2009

Spiritual Emphasis Retreat


I am really excited about this past Thursday and Friday for PIU. We took two days out of our schedule to attend a Spiritual Emphasis Retreat, which is something that the school does every year. I am blessed to be a member of the Student Life Team, so I also had a small hand in planning it alongside Melissa, Rob, and Kalvin. I can't say I saw much of them this retreat as I was having a great time with the students (while they were working really hard to make sure everyone's needs were taken care of and everything was going smoothly), but I know we will all be able to connect on it this coming week.

Here's a little of what our retreat was about:
-Fellowship (with students and staff)
-Food (yum!)
-Photographer...a great one
-Games, day and night
-Matt Augee
-Cabbage
-Rain
-Sleeping on Cement, with an ocean view
-Spam (not sure if this one can go with the "food" category)
-Bonding with great people
-Egg cracking
-Rugburn
-Sling shots
-Legos
-Snowball fight
-Worship
-China vs. Chuuk
-Bayview
-Great views

-and thankfully and prayerfully, Christ

Thank you God for this retreat. Thank you for the time you allowed us to spend with each other while we experienced fellowship and worship above and beyond what we experience in every day life. I pray for all of the students, staff, and myself to continue growing in our bonds, as we take off our chains. Please continue to bless us and pray for us. In Your name, Amen.

No comments: