Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Life in Guam


This is what I thought my life would be like on Guam-




A nice little hut = cheap rent with a view!




+ a church right next door



Ahh, coconut milk...good with rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner





Come back, dinner!


My Micronesian husband and transportation (transportation is not for dinner)



Well...OK, so It is beautiful out here, and there's a lot of unique island culture and activities that are foreign to me, but my life is very similar to what it was in the states. I get up, go to work, and carry out normal activities. I am excited that I am excited, however, to have the option of enjoying island life and culture from time to time :)

4 comments:

Melissa Heck said...

Hey Jen, It is much easier to just go to Wendy's for a hamburger then killing your own cow. Besides cows on Guam are an endangered species.

Nicole B. said...

You are too cute. I especially loved you telling "dinner" to "come back!" ha ha

Nettie said...

That was a great story made my day! LOL although you could eat transportation for dinner if the economy gets even worse and wendy's forecloses(sp?)! LOL

Angie Funches said...

You are so funny! I loved seeing the pics and the words under them. You look like you are having a blast. It would be nice to come see you.