Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taking a Year Off

This is me! I'm definitely white- I like the stuff white people like. Uh oh- I thought I was just a little unique and classy- but oh no, it's in there!


Here's mine. If you have time, copy and paste the list from HERE and delete the one's that don't apply to you.

* #124 Hating People Who Wear Ed Hardy
* #120 Taking a Year Off
* #119 Sea Salt
* #117 Political Prisoners
* #116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore
* #115 Promising to Learn a New Language
* #114 America
* #112 Hummus
* #109 The Onion
* #108 Appearing to Enjoy Classical Music
* #107 Self Aware Hip Hop References
* #106 Facebook
* #102 Children’s Games as Adults
* #99 Grammar
* #96 New Balance Shoes
* #94 Free Healthcare
* #93 Music Piracy
* #92 Book Deals
* #91 San Francisco
* #90 Dinner Parties
(91 is about token friends. Who cares- I love all my friends)
* #87 Outdoor Performance Clothes
* #85 The Wire
* #83 Bad Memories of High School
* #82 Hating Corporations
* #81 Graduate School
* #78 Multilingual Children
* #72 Study Abroad
* #70 Difficult Breakups
* #69 Mos Def
* #64 Recycling
* #63 Expensive Sandwiches
* #62 Knowing What’s Best for Poor People
* #61 Bicycles
* #59 Natural Medicine
* #55 Apologies
* #54 Kitchen Gadgets
* #51 Living by the Water
* #50 Irony
* #48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops (heck yes!!)
* #47 Arts Degrees
* #46 The Sunday New York Times
* #45 Asian Fusion Food
* #44 Public Radio
* #43 Plays
* #42 Sushi
* #41 Indie Music
* #39 Netflix
* #38 Arrested Development (yes, yes, and yes)
* #37 Renovations
* #35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report
* #33 Marijuana
* #28 Not having a TV (so..you know me, right?)
* #27 Marathons
* #24 Wine
* #23 Microbreweries
* #21 Writers Workshops (righteee oh)
* #20 Being an expert on YOUR culture (yup I think I know everyone else's culture...siiighhhh)
* #19 Traveling
* #18 Awareness
* #15 Yoga (are you laughing yet)
* #13 Tea
* #12 Non-Profit Organizations
* #10 Wes Anderson Movies
* #9 Making you feel bad about not going outside
* #6 Organic Food
* #5 Farmer’s Markets
* #4 Assists
* #3 Film Festivals


I'm totally laughing at myself. I even bought the book. Have fun with this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#124 Hating People Who Wear Ed Hardy - I could care less, fuck them

#116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore - Um, like all Black music: Hasn't anyone seen Mo' Betta, Mo Blues, or at least heard the intro on the Roots' Things Fall Apart? All music that Black people once liked, ONLY white people like.

#115 Promising to Learn a New Language - German, French, Portugese, fuck

#114 America - nope

#113 Halloween - yep

#111 Pea Coats - only on bitches

#108 Appearing to Enjoy Classical Music - fuck that, I know my shit

#104 Girls with Bangs - :')

#99 Grammar

#97 Scarves
#96 New Balance Shoes - SO?!


#94 Free Healthcare - at this point, I'll take any Healthcare


#92 Book Deals - not true for me, but it's so true - like the once a year at our school? fuck, those people are annoying me, smalls

#91 San Francisco - FABULOUS!


#89 St. Patrick’s Day - I'll break ya jaw


#84 T-Shirts - the only thing to match me'scarves and New Balances, kid!


#80 The Idea of Soccer - this list is quite condescending

#75 Threatening to Move to Canada - no, but the best strip clubs are in Canada

#69 Mos Def - I take exception to this; I was a fan of Mos back in 96 when he first appeared on De La Soul's Stakes Is High. Seriously, I'm pissed

#67 Standing Still at Concerts - I cross my arms and rock back and forth. Still pissed.


#55 Apologies - used to, and it's only coming back because of this god damned list. (still pissed)

#54 Kitchen Gadgets
#53 Dogs
#52 Sarah Silverman - look, I'd marry her, make omelets for our dogs and fucking die.

#50 Irony - well, I am a creative writing major

#43 Plays
#42 Sushi - I miss both

#41 Indie Music - pissed again. This list is SO generalized! Who would've thought!

#34 Architecture

#30 Wrigley Field - FUCK YOU, LIST!

#22 Having Two Last Names - Sean R. Corbin-Fuckyoulist!

#21 Writers Workshops - any writer should know that that's a possessive writer - after all, it is the writer's workshop

#15 Yoga - no, but I'd love to learn ;)

#10 Wes Anderson Movies
#1 Coffee - okay, you got me. FUCK YOU, LIST!

Jen said...

Let's discuss our whiteness....they totally called us out on this.