Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jen, interrupted.

It's that time- I have to pack up my favorite things (books and photos, duh!) to move up to my Dad's. That makes almost everything else in my room fall into one of three categories:
1. Furniture (to be moved at a later date)
2. Essentials (clothes, sheets, hygiene, some books- to go to Guam or be moved at later date)
3. Sell/donate- "stuff"

I packed all of my books (minus poetry/fiction workshop books that I will be taking with me) and photo albums that I have invested time, money, and thought in. These books are mostly hardbound, huge, and speak to my artistic and cultured side. It's the photo albums that's killer. I ordered an iPod touch so I can store all of my photos and music. That helped me deal with packing the hard copies up. Here's my books and albums:


I managed to fit all of this into one box!



I even packed up my heavy blanket and winter clothes. I am only storing a few things at my dad's; everything else is obsolete. Life is so much better when its simple- but it's human and American to want to hold on to possessions. Everything I need will be provided, and for some amazing reason, I have a sense of relief right now. Time to get moving- August's coming fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a few books for you too, but you don't have to take them to Guam... hell, you could just stay here!