Friday, August 20, 2010

Rev Run + Twitter

I now use my twitter to only really check out what Rev. Run has to say. He's awesome, follow him on revrunwisdom:

"There was a man who was complaining about having no shoes until he saw a man with no feet (keep a thankful mindset)" Rev Run and, of course I've heard this before.


It reminds me of the time I was in church and our pastor said we have to be the hands and feet. The man in front of me didn't have half his arm. I get the figurative, but when you see something else that unequally matches the statement, it defers you from the point. No arm? That's not fair for him. But he seemed wonderfully happy, with his wife and family. And here I am, single and moody.

Rev Run also twittered this: "Count your blessings, not your problems"


Every day I'm reminded of how blessed I am, even when I'm struggling, which has lately been every day for the last three or four months for sure. 


So then, this twitter thing:                      

"You don't drown becuz u fall in water,, u drown becuz u refuse 2 SWIM! #dont you dare give up!!!!! "

and

"When ur goin thru sum stuff hopefully that's exactly what ur doin, GOIN THRU IT! Not standin in it -Tyrese"


(why is a social networking site being a really good cheerleader?) 


I could go on making a bunch of excuses for things, complaining about things, defending bad behavior, feeling confused, and like so many people are mad at me, jealous, whatever, but I need to remember to stay focused, inspired, flexible, willing to change, and with my heart in God's hands.


"I repeat:: DO NOT let life drive u nuts! 1 min its the B.S & the next second its the B--EST! #lifesgood!"

Well said :)

No comments: