Tuesday, August 10, 2010

foodie friend adventures, west coast to east coast

I got to catch up with some cool friends over the past week who weren't where I left them last time! (Not to mention, family, too). This whirlwind trip has been very cool and I am definitely gaining weight. Don't let any of my pictures deceive you- my friends and fam are making me fat, and it's all good because I still work out and I'm going back to Micronesia ;)

L-R  Haley, Liz, me. Haley is my friend from rock climbing and foodie adventures in so. Cal. All around great girlfriend. Liz is my sister up near Seattle, and then there's me. Haley and Liz live in the same area now so I got to visit them in Washington. Woo hoo!


Alex and Angela...in NYC with my cousin Julia and me. Alex is my friend from So. Cal who I saw last week there and will see next week when I get back. Angela is his girlfriend, living in Maryland. We all converged in NYC for rice pudding.


 
Julia eating some amazing lunch leftovers on the train, on our way back to Fairfield, CT to hang with our family.



 
Then my mom and I got some NY style pizza on our way back to Jersey at Country Pizza, a little place that my dad's dad used to take me to when he was alive. I didn't know that last summer was the last time I'd get to see him, so eating there without him was a little emotional for me (and my mom) but we really enjoyed our time together. I loved being able to do something in memory of him, and I'm not gonna lie- the food's amazing.
(thin crust+meatballs+broccoli+black olives=mmmm)

I have a few more food adventures planned along the way too- I think mixing friends, family, and good eats is priceless time together.If you had to catch up with a bunch of great people, is there any other way to do it then breaking bread together?

No comments: