Saturday, February 20, 2010

impact


I have been here for about 7 months, and I am now starting to get the gist of what it's like to see people come and go, and if even here for just a short time, make a huge impact on our school and our lives. From left to right we have Steve and Anne Stinnette (long, long term missionaries in Micronesia), Perry Web, and then Joyce and Dave Owen (long term missionaries like Anne and Steve). I can only imagine how The Stinnettes and Owens are really inspirational to me about living Godly lives here on the island. They are so supportive and encouraging, to say the very least. I really admire them (and I'm not just saying that because they read my blog!).

Perry, in the middle, was only here for a few weeks. He is a pastor, educator, and many other things, but he came out here to just serve. He assisted Tim Plaxton in maintenance, built new mailboxes for the office, worked in the yard, and a number of other things. One thing about Perry had a big impact on me. Every day that I would see him on campus, he was eager to work and always had a huge smile on his face or in his voice when he greeted me. We would chat, but it wasn't just small talk. He was genuinely interested and enthusiastic. I look forward to coming into the office early because of the quietness, but coming into the office when Perry would be there was a great way to start my morning. The attitude and caring spirit of someone else can make a huge difference in someone's day. Perry's light, love, and serving heart was a blessing to me and others each day he was here. I hope and pray that he can come back again soon, and that others like him can come to Micronesia. I am thankful for the ones who are already here, and I hope to grow to be more like Christ...more of what Christ has done in them. God gives us each different gifts, and we are called to love and serve. That's what Perry did.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments: