Sunday, August 24, 2008

updates!

Hey everyone! Here's three big updates for me-

1- I start my new job tomorrow and am in service all week long with meetings, orientations, first-aid, CPR, and room cleaning. Yup- a real teacher (kind of)!

2- I start a new small group this Wednesday with people in the outreach area of Sandals. I am not officially resigning from my small group, but checking this one out a few times. It kind of just fell into my lap serendipitously as I was getting an article for an art function going. BUT, I am excited- God works in some cool ways!

3- I am meeting with a rep from PIBC (Pacific Islands Bible College) in LA this October to discuss some things regarding me working there next year. Yup- a year from now, I would be in the Pacific Islands (and prob. NOT Guam but close!) If this goes as we hope it does, I will start fund raising, letter writing, and preparing for a really cool trip. If it does not go how we are all hoping for, I am keeping the Peace Corps and Thailand on the table. Well, Thailand is always on the table- for the rest of my life. I was there last year at this time, and am missing it a lot right now. It will work its way into my trips.

ANYWAY- those are my three huge things. Please pray for me!!

2 comments:

April said...

WOW! That is a lot of changes! We need to catch up! :)

Angie Funches said...

Prayers are being said for you daily! Keep me posted on the letters and fundraising. Please share more details on this new group. I am excited to see how God is moving in your life! He is using you for His glory.... :-)