Wednesday, December 1, 2010

staycation

 Steph, (myself), and Sarah got away for a night on a staycation- a vacation without really going anywhere. We stayed at the Nikko Hotel on Guam, which I highly recommend, for an evening which mainly meant that we took advantage of the beautiful pool for all of the hours we were there when the sun was out.

In the evening we had dinner at Outback (thanks to a gift of a giftcard) and were surprised by our friends with s'mores and a bonfire on the beach adjacent to our hotel.
We were able to get away from our work and ministry for long enough to feel slightly refreshed and feel "away." I don't know why we didn't do this sooner. I think all three of us are ready to face our last three weeks before the break. It was a beautiful 24 hours that I'll gladly and thankfully repeat.

1 comment:

Billy Edwin said...

what a warmderful staycation. bless you Jen.