Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oreo Fellowship


God convicted me to stay home today. I don't know why I need conviction for that (said sarcastically) but I am going to obey. My plan was to work out with Sarah, especially since I receive daily weight updates, and then go into the office early, but I am doing things a little differently.

I went to bed and woke up with a sore throat. I stayed up late, too, but for good reasons. When I woke up this morning, I estimated that I could have stayed in bed three more hours. Instead, I did my hair, played with my dog, and talked to my roommate. When I took Bear outside, I met a neighbor with two dogs who rescued his too. Man, something about having a dog really brings people together. This is important to me because both my roomie and I have a desire to minister to our neighbors and get to know them, and Bear makes it really easy to talk to people. He is so friendly and people are drawn to him. I never get those opportunities if I'm not home right? 

I was then going to organize my room, but I think that instead I'll call my mom. I'm making mac n cheese (organic shells and stuff, but still comfort food) and lentils for lunch, and taking Oreos and milk to campus today. Oreo fellowship? Yep- I'm so excited. Extra time in the office, extra time with the students, and extra time relaxing. I know that I'm supposed to do this, relax,  but I get so caught up sometimes even in really fun things. Even good stress is stress, good fun is still busy. There's so much blessing in taking time to refresh. 

Do you ever just get sick of seeing yourself, spending time with yourself, hearing yourself speak? Yeah, me too- I'm working my way out of that rut. I'm going to simply enjoy today, and see what God has to share with me.

No comments: