Sunday, September 19, 2010

The long, muddy road

When I mentioned that I was getting ready to walk down the long, muddy road, I got a lot of interesting responses. I was being literal, though- I was really preparing to walk down it, drive down it, be driven down it . . . all of the potholes, the mud, the dust, everything that comes with one of the main roads of Weno, Chuuk. 

And now, I'm back on Guam soil. For some reason, 6 days just didn't seem like enough. I got to catch up just a little with some friends who've become family, teach some courses, and just hang out with the people there. I know that God has a purpose for my trip there, and I'm still praying about what He did or is doing. For me, it was amazing to be with some people I really love and get to share what Christ has gone in my life with the students.

So, here's the brief rundown:




I spent some time with my two little sisters- Resmy (left) and Trishianne.





I got to teach a bunch of these guys and girls at Mizpah Christian High School. I was given the juniors and seniors for English, and the seniors for computer class. My 45 minutes 3x a day wasn't enough for me, I could have spent hours with them again like I got to over the summer. It was hard for me to say goodbye after the week.


 
spent time with friends, new and old, alumni, and visited with a very special friend who was there from the states (we had no idea the other was going to be there)- I don't have pictures of her, and I wish I did.
On my last morning there, Meyou and I went to the high school to help clean. I didn't have enough time to help how I wanted to because of my afternoon flight, but I got to try to clean the windows after organizing the computer lab with Meyou. She is a PIU alumni and recently hired secretary at Mizpah. 
  

Before I left Chuuk, I had a few more opportunities to appreciate its beauty. Here's something I took while on the plane. I look forward to seeing this coming in again some day.
 


No comments: