Saturday, October 2, 2010

Must Read

I just finished this book by David Platt- and I think it's a must-read for any American Christian looking for their purpose in Christ.As an American serving overseas, this past year has been a battle in separating that which is my culture and that which is Christ's culture. Unless we're removed from it, I am not sure we can really separate the two. Is the American Dream getting in the way? Are we aiming to please our culture or to please Christ?

David Platt writes that "God has designed our lives for a collision course with the world." Don't we want to be used to have an impact? I have a lot to say about this book, and a lot that I learned. When you read it, we'll discuss it.




I am linking the Amazon site to you- it's about ten dollars cheaper here than in the bookstore. I hope you're inspired, encouraged, and challenged.

No comments: